Your time and talent go a long way.
Whether you have one hour or one day to devote to volunteering, you can make a vital difference in the lives of those in need. These meaningful, engaging volunteer positions with local organizations are waiting to be filled by someone just like you.
Feed the Hungry with Moishe House
- Join Moishe House once a month for “Muslim-Jewish Feed the Hungry,” where Jewish and Muslim volunteers serve over 300 meals at First United Church, an interfaith center, homeless shelter and community-gathering place on Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
To get involved, contact the house members at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a moderator, judge or time keeper as Jewish high school students go head to head about current issues faced by Israel at the Annual High School Debates.
- Be a canvasser for the Federation Annual Campaign and raise funds for our community.
- Help out at the Annual Public Speaking Contest for kids in grades four through seven as a judge or moderator.
- Volunteer at community events like Yom Ha’azmaut or the Campaign Opening Night.
To get involved, contact Dana Troster at email@example.com
Jewish Family Service Agency
- Help at the Jewish Food Bank with setting up and sorting food, or delivering food parcels twice a month.
- Get your hands dirty in the community garden by planting and growing food.
- Assist seniors with grocery shopping, errands and accompaniment to medical appointments.
To get involved, contact Susan Alexman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chabad of Downtown
- Bring cheer and companionship into the lives of seniors all throughout the Downtown Core by volunteering with Chabad’s Sunshine Club.
- Bring a smile to someone’s face while they are in St Paul’s Hospital through Chabad’s hospital visitation program.
- Create fun and exciting programs for kids with CityGan.
To get involved, contact Rabbi Binyomin Bitton at email@example.com
Hillel at UBC, SFU and UVic
- Learn to be an advocate for Israel by joining the Israel Advocacy Club (IAC).
- Make your bubbe proud by helping with programs like Shabbat dinners, Israel Advocacy Week, Tzedakah Week, and Holocaust education programs.
To get involved, contact Jordana Bregman at Jordana@vancouverhillel.ca
Jewish Museum and Archives of BC
- Hear stories and help preserve the history of the Jewish community of BC by being a volunteer interviewer for the Oral History Program.
- Preserve the old with new technology – help with photograph digitization and cataloguing in the museum’s library and archives.
- Do you like playing tour guide? Want to practice your public speaking? Train as a guide and share our community’s history as a docent for the museum’s Historic Walking Tours.
To get involved, contact Marcy Babins at firstname.lastname@example.org