Your time and talent go a long way.
Whether you have one hour or one day to devote to volunteering, you can make a vital difference in the lives of those in need. These meaningful, engaging volunteer positions with local organizations are waiting to be filled by someone just like you.
- Be a moderator, judge or time keeper as Jewish high school students go head to head about current issues faced by Israel at the Annual High School Debates.
- Be a canvasser for the Federation Annual Campaign and raise funds for our community.
- Help out at the Annual Public Speaking Contest for kids in grades four through seven as a judge or moderator.
- Volunteer at community events like Yom Ha’azmaut or the Campaign Opening Night.
To get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish Family Service Agency
- Help at the Jewish Food Bank with setting up and sorting food, or delivering food parcels twice a month.
- Get your hands dirty in the community garden by planting and growing food.
- Assist seniors with grocery shopping, errands and accompaniment to medical appointments.
To get involved, contact email@example.com
Chabad of Downtown
- Bring cheer and companionship into the lives of seniors all throughout the Downtown Core by volunteering with Chabad’s Sunshine Club.
- Bring a smile to someone’s face while they are in St Paul’s Hospital through Chabad’s hospital visitation program.
- Create fun and exciting programs for kids with CityGan.
To get involved, contact Rabbi Binyomin Bitton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillel at UBC, SFU and UVic
- Learn to be an advocate for Israel by joining the Israel Advocacy Club (IAC).
- Make your bubbe proud by helping with programs like Shabbat dinners, Israel Advocacy Week, Tzedakah Week, and Holocaust education programs.
To get involved, contact Jordana Bregman at Jordana@vancouverhillel.ca
Jewish Museum and Archives of BC
- Hear stories and help preserve the history of the Jewish community of BC by being a volunteer interviewer for the Oral History Program.
- Preserve the old with new technology – help with photograph digitization and cataloguing in the museum’s library and archives.
- Do you like playing tour guide? Want to practice your public speaking? Train as a guide and share our community’s history as a docent for the museum’s Historic Walking Tours.
To get involved, contact Marcy Babins at email@example.com